If mashing up a batch of guacamole is one of your favorite pastimes, this list was created for you… yes, you.
Avocados alone have a mild taste, which makes them the perfect foundation for building something amazing (yes, like guacamole). They’re packed with fiber, protein, potassium and heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. All of the natural feel-good qualities of avocados combine with fresh vegetables (and even fruits) to create a guilt-free, pretty-much-perfect concoction known as guacamole.
Now, there are more guacamole recipes and ways to eat guacamole than most of us even know what to do with. That sounds pretty exciting to us. Here are 7 guac-inspired recipes and ideas to keep you feeling like a superhero all week long.
- Eat it with tortilla chips. This is the classic way to eat guacamole. Try this recipe for Guacamole with Tequila and Lime, perfect for crispy chips and (more) tequila.
- Put it on toast. Stick to the classic recipe with avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper flakes. Or top your toast with anything from soft-boiled eggs to feta cheese. Here is a semi-definitive guide to avocado toast eatery.
- Dress up your deviled eggs. For a new take on a classic, hard boil eggs and mix the yolks with guacamole before spooning into the halved egg whites. Sprinkle cayenne or paprika, or add crumbled bacon to raise the bar (again). Check out this Guacamole Deviled Eggs recipe from Skinny Taste.
- Make a salad dressing with it. This Creamy Avocado Dressing (aka Guacamole Buttermilk Dressing) is just as delicious as it sounds. A cool, creamy salad dressing with tangy buttermilk, fresh cilantro, lime juice and spicy jalapeno pepper – yeah, you gotta try this.
- Top a burger with guacamole. Any burger-lover will appreciate this recipe from Bobby Flay with Monterey Jack cheese, a thick tomato slice, watercress, and a special avocado relish.
- Make coleslaw with guacamole puree. Yes, it might sound a bit strange, but its flavor is more than a bit heavenly. Try this simple guacamole coleslaw recipe to serve at your next gathering.
- Make it tropical. Avocado is best with… anything. Throw in your favorite (tropical) fruits – like kiwi, pineapple, mango, papaya, and strawberries – for a fresh perspective. Curious? You should be.
Now you know exactly how to eat guacamole for a week and love every single day of it. But if you’re curious about other uses for guacamole besides consumption, ever thought of using the power of avocados on your skin or in your hair?
At Acapulcos, we (really) love guacamole, and practically anything that tastes good. Check out our menus chock full of authentic Mexican food, and head on over to our blog archive for food and drink recipes galore.